From 1955-2012, The University of Texas Dental Branch Building in the Texas Medical Center was the home of “UTDB” and the starting point for thousands of successful careers in dentistry. In its day, the “Pink Palace” was a state-of-the-art facility, and even in its final years served as a setting for excellence in clinical education.
Today, UT School of Dentistry has a new name and a new home that is as advanced in 2012 as the Dental Branch Building was in 1955 – yet we wish to remember and honor “UTDB” as a special place where careers and memories were made.
Two special commemorative plaques are being produced from the Cherokee marble cladding that gave the building its distinctive hue. A very limited number of these plaques are being produced and offered to alumni in return for donations to the UTSD Impact Fund – a permanent endowed fund to support faculty excellence in teaching, research, and clinical care at UTSD:
For gifts of $10,000 or more to the UTSD Impact Fund, a specially produced set of the original architectural drawings and historic photos of the Dental Branch Building -- gathered and elegantly bound -- will be yours in addition to the "Texas" cut of marble as an additional token of our appreciation. Plus, your name will be added to the Donor Wall in the School of Dentistry’s main lobby.
Allow 4-6 weeks for personalization and shipping. Each gift will be tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law.