Benefits of membership in the Academy include, but are not limited to:
- Recognition of commitment to teaching and educational scholarship
- Participation in rigorous peer review processes and access to professional development resources that can facilitate academic career success through teaching and educational scholarship (e.g., annual performance reviews, tenure and promotion processes, and merit/recognition awards)
- Ongoing interactions and opportunities for collaboration with colleagues within and across disciplines, departments, and schools who are similarly committed and engaged in outstanding teaching and educational scholarship
- Attendance at conferences and an annual retreat for Academy members focused on strengthening the educational mission of UTHealth
- Eligibility for special programs and incentives (e.g., future internal grant funding, released/designated educational/curricular innovation, travel funds to present at educational meetings, endowed Chairs in educational scholarship and annual programs of professional development focused specifically on educational scholarship), subject to obtaining sufficient funding to establish and/or sustain those programs and incentives.
Consideration for nomination in The University of Texas Academy of Health Science Education. The procedures for nomination and election of members of The UT Academy of Health Science Education are included in the Policies and Procedures Manual of the UT Academy of Health Science Education, and are consistent with the goals of the Academy and criteria for Academy membership.