Technology Services and Informatics (TSI) was formed in April 2012 to provide support for students, faculty, and staff in the areas of library services, clinical and educational technology, media production and web services. It is also home to the Informatics research group which provides support and assistance with data collection, analysis, presentation and visualization.
TSI is the driving force behind technology innovations at the School of Dentistry. From technology assessments and implementation to training and hardware support we have a guiding hand in all aspects of technology. This ensures a consistent and professional level of support throughout the School and means that our systems are integrated correctly and are the most appropriate available for the required task.
TSI also provides a voice for innovation and is constantly looking to the future. We strive to provide support and education for our students, faculty, and staff to ensure that their use of technology is both seamless and appropriate.
Each area within TSI provides unique and essential services.
Clinical Technology and Web Services
- Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Remote EHR Access
- Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
- NEA FastAttach
- Web Development and Support
- Audience Reports System (ARS) - "Clickers"
- BlackBoard Learning Management System
- Courseware Authoring
- Digital Storytelling
- ePortfolios (Mahara)
- Online Testing and Assessment
- Software Training and Support
- Facilitate the collection and analysis of data
- Advise how information can be optimally analyzed, presented, and visualized for end users to meet their decision making or research needs
- Prepare preliminary data for grant applications
- Advise and collaborate on informatics components of research projects and grants
- Provide informatics expertise for scientific publications
- Current Projects
- Development of an Inter-University Oral Health Research Repository
- A Cognitive Approach to Refine and Enhance Use of a Dental Diagnostic Technology
- A Patient Safety System for Dentistry
- Consortium of Oral Health Research and Informatics (COHRI)
Library and Information Services
- Inter-library Loans / Document Delivery
- Research Support
- Online Journals and Databases
- Group and Individual Study Areas
- Books, Journals, and other Publications
Media Production Services
- Audio and Video Production and Support
- Lecture Capture
- Passport / Application Photos
- Table Clinics
In addition, TSI also provides support for more integrated systems.
- Mobile Device Support
- Cell Phones
- Technology and Software Assessment and Troubleshooting
- Video Conferencing
- Training Room