The company that performs the criminal background checks for the School of Dentistry is Pre-Check
Step One - Pre-Check Online Application
- Go to the Incoming Students - Recruitment Portal
- Screen 1: University of TX School of Dentistry (or "School of Dentistry") Incoming Students Recruitment Portal
- Read through the directions
- Click the button for “Yes, I agree to the terms of the statement”
- Click “Continue”
- Screen 2: Job Search
- Click on “Student Criminal Background Check”
- Screen 3: Student Criminal Background Check Application
- Under “To apply for this Job, please enter Your SSN and password” enter your Social Security Number and a password
- You will make up a password but make sure you will remember it or make a note of it. You may need it again.
- Click “Apply Now”
- Screen 4: Prequalifying Questions
- Read the instructions in the first box, and click “Yes”
- Click the link for PayPal to pay the $44 fee
- Enter the transaction number from PayPal
- Click “Begin Application”
- Screen 5: Basic Information
- Enter the required information
- Click “Next”
- Screen 6: Date of Birth
- Enter your date of birth
- Disclose criminal history
- Click “Next”
- Screen 7: Release form
- Click on the blue/green “PRINT” button in the gray box. A new screen pops up with your completed release form. Verify that this information is correct. Print that page, close the pop-up box, and SIGN & DATE the printed form. You can submit your release through fax, email, or mail (least preferred)
- Fax to 440-348-5441
- Email (you’ll need to scan it first) to Diana@pre-check.com
- Mail to Pre-Check Company, P.O. Box 771264, Lakewood, OH, 44107
- Go back to the main application page, and click “Next”
- Screen 8: Final Confirmation
- Enter your full name (first and last, NO MIDDLE)
- Enter the last 4 digits of your social security number
- Click “Confirm”
***YOU WILL NOT BE CONTACTED ABOUT YOUR RELEASE
UNLESS THERE IS A PROBLEM.***
Step 2 - Directions for PayPal
- Step 1: Go to PayPal.
If you already have a PayPal account jump to Step 3.
- Step 2: Sign up for a PayPal account
- There will be a block at the top of the first screen that says Member Log-In and Join PayPal today.
- Click “Sign Up Now!”
- Click the radio button for Personal Account.
- Click “Continue”.
- Complete the information on the next page. Click “Sign Up”
- Step 3: Login to your PayPal account
- Enter your email address and password. Click “Log In”.
- Step 4: Click on the tab that says “Send Money” at the top of the page
- Step 5: In the box “Recipients Email” enter Pre-Check’s email address
- Step 5: In the box “Amount” enter $44.00
- Step 6: In the box “Category of Purchase” find “Service”
- Step 7: In the box “Email Subject (optional)” enter “CBC UTSD”
- Step 8: In the box “Notes (optional)” type your name and birth date.
- Step 9: Click “Continue” and follow the remaining directions.
For questions regarding the Pre-Check application, please contact Pre-Check directly at Diana@pre-check.com.
For questions regarding the Criminal Background Check policy and procedures, please call the Office of Student Affairs at 713-486-4151.